Nov 21, 2008

3 Comments

Segregation Between the Grades

11:59

I went to the SING competition/concert or whatever. After being forced to waste $5 and enduring the outside cold for about an hour, I was surprised to find so little people went :O Do more people go on the first day (yesterday) and last day (tomorrow)? I can guess that one of the reasons for today's small audience is because of the Twilight movie premiere. I seriously don't get why everyone wants to go watch it >.> The actor the Edward is so damn fugly and the book itself, in my opinion, wasn't that great, so why should the movie be any better?

Molly, Peter, Courtney, and I went to SING to support Rebecca, since she was in the Freshmore group. I don't think I regret going but the whole event was like three hours with super long, extended intermissions ;O PLUS: No FREE refreshments :[! Also, the beginning of each play or whatever they were doing, started out with one or two people singing this Tech song (different variations) and it just got annoying...

The juniors went first and put on a skit of a modified version of Romeo and Juliet. It was Romeo and Juliet turned black (not to be offensive/racist but that's the only way to describe it with all the rap, hip-hop, and break dancing xD; and besides, most of the performers were black). The dancing and singing were the best of the three groups but too bad Romeo and Juliet didn't die at the end :[ It was barely following the original storyline. Instead of a dispute between two households, it was this whole dance rivalry between preps (Capulet) and gangsters (Montague). Juliet, a dramatic perky person, meets Romeo, the only "gangster" without a fake afro, at a random party and fall in love. The famous balcony scene was included although it was a fire escape scene instead and there was no kiss even though Juliet expected one (Romeo was so dense >.>). It was funny how it turned out that Juliet's cousin, I believe Tybalt, dances to Barbie Girl and Pokemon theme song in his personal time---as well as turning out to be a gay guy who like candy pop (or some shit along those lines). I really like the trees xD They were colorful, with purple, green, yellow, and orange~

The seniors were funny. They did this whole thing where this girl meets a poor guy who used to be famous directing and managing shows and such. American Idol was one of the flashbacks and so this Asian girl with crutches and patched clothing comes along saying "I'm poor and I've got 7 children who broke my legs" xD It was so shocking, but she sang so well! Paula, as always, accepts anyone (as exaggerated by the girl acting as her) and Simon was asian, lmao! After the girl sang her awesome solo, Simon goes like, at least you don't suck as much as the juniors! The juniors previously, sang their last song about how the freshmores aren't going to win and how the seniors were going to lose and now the seniors made a comeback :P

By any means, I'm not a traitor. I just don't think the freshmores were good enough. The leads didn't talk into the microphone, so I couldn't hear them. The other didn't speak loud enough, so I couldn't hear them. I got the whole charade of their story though. About a time travel guy who unites a group including a jazz singer, a motherearth (weed) addicted hippi named Starshine, the dude from Grease, and a whole bunch of party people from the '90s for the talent show. The only other opponent was this conceited prep brat with her two followers who sang really good for their talent :O The time traveler just sang with the jazz singer a compilation of random songs (some were really nice to listen too) and then there's some dancing and the rest of his posy does cartwheels all around. The End. Then the blue bubble gum pop hair hippi guy comes in dancing around while he's high... it was hilarious because he constantly appeared throughout the different time intervals when it wasn't his scene.

I think I've ranted enough although I could add more... this is probably the shortest I can narrow down three hours of continuous entertainment down too and it's getting late... I got so much homework to do and the DDP project is due as well ;_;

Labels: , , , ,

Blogger ありさ said...
huh....i probably should have went just to watch the hippi. apparently the freshmores win every ten years according to DiBo o wells then. the last time the freshmores won it was 1996 or sometime around when we were born
Anonymous Anonymous said...
my friend was in sing XD...she was the one wearing the green dress I think O_O" iernos..

OMFG I agree with you about twilight seriously...since I've never been a huge fan of fansty I never understood people's obsession with it.

LOLS. I mess up before for the HIM and I put his real sn and then I was like holy crap...*changes* LOLS.
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Yea...you got the right person XD

OMFG kids these day :O so slutty and bitching and annoying :O we're getting old...

Post a Comment

Profile

My Photo
Connie
Certified Procrastinator, All-time Complainer, Indebted Freeloader, Uninspired Web-Designer, Obssessive Anime & Manga/Manhwa Fan (Fujoshi), Idiot Computer Addict, Lazy Student.
Complete Profile | Follow Me

Blogroll

Network

Latest

- DDP Frustration and Beer
- Insanity
- Procratinating on Geometry
RSS Feed (Atom)

Archive

Back | Refresh | Forward
Part of the Obscure Network | Advertisement: TV Screen Protector
Limitless Queue © Connie, 2008 - 2009 | All rights reserved