Nov 6, 2010

1 Comments

Media

18:53
I picked this major because I thought I'd learn to use a broad variety of mediums and improve upon my artistic skills---to learn how to draw, basically.  I later found that we were expected to be knowledgeable in the arts beforehand.

I am frustrated.  I cannot improve with my lack of inspiration that has been holding me back in the field of design for years now.  It's just too hard for me to think of interesting ideas and much harder to put them down on paper.

My AP Studio Art 2-D teacher is a harsh grader; I've been receiving 65's and 75's on my pieces and I am infuriated with myself.  Of course, it would infuriate anyone if they had worked long and hard on something only to be given a grade that discourages them from trying to improve.  With such a succession of grades; no improvement seen, it just makes one feel as if they are stuck in a never-ending vortex and that they are unable to create anything worthy.  Then theres are these things we should see when evaluating a piece.  I just cannot grasp the understanding of seeing unity, balance, and rhythm in a piece; nor can I articulate what is causing them.

Then there is Graphic Design.  My teacher is computer-illiterate.  It is her first time teaching this course.  I am dreading it already; to having her next year for Web Design as well.  I don't understand her at all!  I don't know what she wants!  But when I do, I feel it is a complete waste of my time to do what she wants.  I also feel as if I've created a negative image of myself...at first acting as a know-it-all.  There was this guy who was just so full of himself that I had to show him up because he was becoming annoying.  Yet now, I've probably taken his place as some know-it-all bitch.  My teacher has realized that I know how to use Photoshop, and she assumes I can maneuver the program to make pieces for her examples.  Just because I know how to use Photoshop, doesn't mean I know how to use it well lady.  Another example why I'm not fond of her: she doesn't make examples to accompany her confusing explanations...she expects the ones who know how to use Photoshop, to make them for her.  As if.

Labels: , , ,

Blogger Joann said...
Wow, I thought media major was going to be easy. Chem isn't what I expected to be, in a way I guess we just have to push ourselves harder to achieve what we want to achieve.

I did it for YEA again LOL I'm not in NHS :)

Post a Comment

Profile

My Photo
Connie
Certified Procrastinator, All-time Complainer, Indebted Freeloader, Uninspired Web-Designer, Obssessive Anime & Manga/Manhwa Fan (Fujoshi), Idiot Computer Addict, Lazy Student.
Complete Profile | Follow Me

Blogroll

Network

Latest

- Regents Grades
- Spanish Regent
- Toy Story 3
- I saw Angels & Demons yesterday.  It was a great m...
- Snagged from Xin Ru Alyssa [Sorry, mistake]
- My Brotha
- After the walking 6.2 mi + for AIDs Walk and had a...
- 30 Day Challenge - May
- I had a dream. I was in Vegas. What happened the...
- Fujoshi out of the Closet
RSS Feed (Atom)

Archive

Back | Refresh | Forward
Part of the Obscure Network | Advertisement: TV Screen Protector
Limitless Queue © Connie, 2008 - 2009 | All rights reserved