Nov 27, 2009

2 Comments

Black Friday: Organized Society

09:57
Woke up at 5:30 and waited on line at Staples for about 45 minutes.  There was a drizzle and my mom and I had no umbrella.  Surprisingly, it wasn't as hectic as I thought it'd be.  There was a line that stretched around the parking lot and they only allowed 10 people to go in at a time.  What's funny is, 10 people would go in about every 5-10 minutes and only one person would come out.

I was able to get two HP 8gb USBs (two because my mom thought it was cheap and didn't want us to have stayed on line for so long for no reason.)  We were on yet another line for check-out.  While my mom waited online, she would notice what other people are getting and would tell me to get some more stuff too.  We got a pack of Staples brand 100 CD-R since it's only about $5 after rebate.  I wanted to get a new mouse for my XP since the optical one has been around for a while but apparently, the $10 HP mouse was sold out.  We ended up getting a $30 Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse and Keyboard set (it was $50 off); my brother is not allowed to use it until he starts sleeping earlier and gets into a specialized high school.

My mom wanted me to get the $90 eMachines 21.5" monitor since it would be cheaper to get the one I order online yesterday.  This monitor has some pretty decent features and includes a speaker too.  I around and was told it was sold out three times.  While we were online, I had tried to ask one more time and actually got one reserved.  I'm a bit skeptical about getting it though,. I don't like the brand.

Now since I got a monitor, I need to cancel the order for the 20" Acer one from Best Buy.  Problem?  I've been on the phone for the past 2 hours trying to speak to an agent in order to cancel.  I'm currently still on hold.  It's not even weekends or after 9:00 so I gotta pay for waiting... 

Hold it, I got someone!  She says that since my mom's not here, she can't cancel it...  Oh, but she said I can get full refund (with shipping) if I return it after it arrives... how troublesome!  I will call again and pretend I'm my mom >.>  Hopefully, they can just cancel it! >_< 

Labels: ,

Blogger flyingmuffins911 said...
Nice going! You're mom is probably gonna start shopping every Black friday now, huh? sad face about the monitor. You don't even wanna try it?

Don't you have 500 min?!?!?!? My gosh chestnut (lol) when does your bill close? You probably still have those 500 min -_-
Blogger Nana said...
congratz on all the stuff u bought :]
me and my cousin woke also woke up at 5:30 and we went to queens center mall, and spent like 7 hours walking around, and we didnt buy anything T_T

Post a Comment

Profile

My Photo
Connie
Certified Procrastinator, All-time Complainer, Indebted Freeloader, Uninspired Web-Designer, Obssessive Anime & Manga/Manhwa Fan (Fujoshi), Idiot Computer Addict, Lazy Student.
Complete Profile | Follow Me

Blogroll

Network

Latest

- Staples is having an extra early savings event.  I...
- The Problem with Transportation
- News Story: We can infer this kid got a BJ
- Backpacks
- What Trig Homework Does to You
- The Sacrifice
- A Glorious Day: Following the Glorious Revolution...
- Was it supposed to take this long?
- I don't like sour or spoils
- It was indeed a waste of time
RSS Feed (Atom)

Archive

Back | Refresh | Forward
Part of the Obscure Network | Advertisement: TV Screen Protector
Limitless Queue © Connie, 2008 - 2009 | All rights reserved