Oct 29, 2009

3 Comments

It was indeed a waste of time

21:44
I went to Parent Teacher Conference today to see my math teacher.  I was to translate for my mom.  We arrived when the doors opened and there was a line outside that spanned half the perimeter of the school...  We eventually got in 10 minutes later.  We arrived at the room and signed in, then sat down and waited.  We waited...  the clocked ticked and an hour passed.  My dear mother was getting highly impatient.  She didn't realize that we signed in and had to wait until our name is called (we had like ten people ahead of us); she wanted to just get it over with when the preceding parent left...like some sort of race to the empty seat between the parents in the room and my mom was the only player.  We got into a small argument resulting in waiting some more.  Later on, at home, she complained about the issue to my grandpa.  She called me an ignorant Chinese-American; she still thought she was right.

The conference was pretty short considering we waited almost 2 hours just to speak with him.  I knew we shouldn't have come.  I wasn't the only one who had to sit through the brutal prolonged period of idleness.  Mabel was there too but she was lucky she had the new Septimus Heap book to read.

The talk was pretty much pointless and brief.  My mom knew I did terrible.  I knew I sucked at honors trigonometry.  The teacher knew I failed the tests pretty bad.  End of discussion.  What's embarrassing though, was that while waiting for the train, my mom said my breath smelt funky when I was translating.  *headdesk*

Labels: , ,

Blogger Nana said...
be a the bigger "businesswoman" and let yo momma be. (:

LOL. ur breath smelled funky. xD
Blogger Luminous Fish said...
your mom is so ..

i cant find a word to describe her .

-facepalm-
Blogger Joann said...
Wow, yea I don't like parent teacher conferences but last year i went to the second one since my dad is like in the beginning its not like your teachers know who you are.

Post a Comment

Profile

My Photo
Connie
Certified Procrastinator, All-time Complainer, Indebted Freeloader, Uninspired Web-Designer, Obssessive Anime & Manga/Manhwa Fan (Fujoshi), Idiot Computer Addict, Lazy Student.
Complete Profile | Follow Me

Blogroll

Network

Latest

- Sweating Bullets
- Anxiety
- New Theme?
- Stalking Balloon & You can have baby soft skin too :3
- Failure Encourages Profanity: A Pointless Complai...
- What's long and hard?
- Molly and the Fishies II
- 30
- It's quite late, considering I'm about to start AP...
- Bub
RSS Feed (Atom)

Archive

Back | Refresh | Forward
Part of the Obscure Network | Advertisement: TV Screen Protector
Limitless Queue © Connie, 2008 - 2009 | All rights reserved