Dec 29, 2009

3 Comments
19:06
I went Metropolitan Museum of Art for the third time.  I keep forgetting that going to a museum is quite a tantalizing experience if one was to stay too long.  It must be the smell given off by the ancient pieces that linger the senses... but I always feel quite exhausted after a while; dizzy as well.  But don't get me wrong, I enjoy visiting museums and seeing what they have to offer.

I went to the MET accompanying Nana and her cousin Ruola so the prior can do her extra credit work.  The last two times I went was for extra credit or project orientated, though we just had to show evidence that we did go.  Nana had to find certain paintings and answer questions about them... It was irritating looking for certain works but we managed to get them all after two hours.  The most annoying thing about museums is the size.  There are so many miniature rooms categorized under one heading and it gets confusing. What surprised me most of all was the line to get into the museum.  It stretched longer than the time I went to the JYP auditions but moved faster.  It was shocking having to walk to the end which was at least 30 feet away because the last few times I went, we just went in without waiting (I was smart this time because I didn't bring food.)  Overall, the art pieces were amazing and appeals to leave a fascinating impression.  Nana might post some of the pictures because she had a camera.

I haven't been very productive during my vacation thus far... It upsets me but I'd still rather read manga, fold origami and watch dramas and movies instead of doing homework (even if I wasn't on vacation)... I opened my schoolbag yesterday to see what has to be done.  I was fortunate because I found out that the Rock Candy lab that is due for Chemistry required at least 7 days so if I was to start yesterday, I had exactly 7 days before break is over.  I hurried over to my cousin's house so she can help me out and now I just need to wait exactly 7 days.  My rock candy is flavored with lemon extract, which wasn't part of the ingredients but I added it in... hopefully it doesn't mess up the whole procedure.

The day before winter vacation started, I brought in fruit pudding for most of my friends but ended up giving away a few to people I rarely talk to because I felt bad if I were to reject them.  Towards the end of the day, I just gave everyone else candy :X  What sucked most is I made kusudamas for some people who were giving me gifts but as I was going to school... one of them broke and I end up losing a piece.  I didn't finish putting together  the Arabesque one and during lunch, I ended up loosing about seven pieces of the it (they might've been thrown out with some lunch trays.)  While I was working on the broken kusudama (I'm not sure what it's called) in the library during my free period (Veronika was nice enough to give me some computer paper to make more pieces)... it was strange but it seems I lost a lot more pieces somehow.  If it was just one, that would've been fine but maybe ten pieces were missing so I wasn't able to give anyone their present...

The friend that ditched me on Halloween came over when I was at the museum and gave me a box full of chocolates for Christmas (but since it's so late, I feel like it was just a last minute thought.)  I'm not sure what to make of it.  After that heart-breaking experience followed by no contact whatsoever...  I'd thought we'd just broken off just like that.  Oh woe...

Labels: , , , ,

Blogger Nana said...
WOAH.
tht friend came to ur house and gave u box of chocolates?
todayyy?
MAYBE it WAS a last minute thought.
BUTTTTTTT!, since she particularly went to your place and gave you the chocolate in this freeziing weather, i would give her credit for at least trying.
I think it shows that she still wants to be friends.
I don't know which kinds of friends......
Blogger Luminous Fish said...
YOU WENT TO THE JYP AUDITION ?!

i hate the math hw btw x.x
Blogger Joann said...
ah. you didn't finish your origami D:
thank god I don't have to do lab for the vacation :D kekkees.
Well she gave me my present on monday so eh. maybe not so last min. who knows D: X______X"

Post a Comment

Profile

My Photo
Connie
Certified Procrastinator, All-time Complainer, Indebted Freeloader, Uninspired Web-Designer, Obssessive Anime & Manga/Manhwa Fan (Fujoshi), Idiot Computer Addict, Lazy Student.
Complete Profile | Follow Me

Blogroll

Network

Latest

- Flele
- The rat, it drowns
- My parents went out to refund the monitor... we lo...
- Sleeping Late
- Relatively New
- Equivalent Exchange
- Black Friday: Organized Society
- Staples is having an extra early savings event.  I...
- The Problem with Transportation
- News Story: We can infer this kid got a BJ
RSS Feed (Atom)

Archive

Back | Refresh | Forward
Part of the Obscure Network | Advertisement: TV Screen Protector
Limitless Queue © Connie, 2008 - 2009 | All rights reserved