Jan 27, 2009

0 Comments

What Happened Yesterday, Stays Yesterday

16:50

Ugh, so yesterday, after school, I went to Seth Low Park to play basketball with Joyce. We didn't have a basketball though... so we just handballed with Michelle. It was so friggin' cold. This guy, Stanley, who couldn't speak english fluently (has the Chinese accent) kept pissing Michelle off by throwing her ball over the fence and onto the sidewalk. After some handball, we went over to a random guy who was playing basketball on his own and asked if we could play too. I was on his team and apparently, he didn't think of me as his teammate because he never passes the ball to me and just runs and shoots. I think the guy preferred to play alone since he didn't look like he was into the whole idea of playing basketball with us. We went back to handball and found that I once again, suck at serving ;I I got better at hitting the ball though since my hands were probably frozen solid. It was funny how Michelle tried serving with ice. The players on the other side got their ball out and one of the guys thought Michelle was gonna get it for them but instead, she goes for the ice xD I left after about an hour since I had to accompany my mom and brother to my great aunt's house. Olfie is so cute <333 >///<

I get home around 6 and started panicking. I had to study for the DDP final that I had today and since I didn't want to hog the computer, I decided I'll try studying all the powerpoints and documents on my ancient Windows 98 (not even SE, it's a first edition ~.~). However, I didn't have Microsoft installed on that computer since it only had 5 gb space and 63 mb RAM (they said it was 64...my ass). I decided I would have to probably convert the powerpoints to a .doc file so I could open in Wordpad or something. I first tried to look for some powerpoint viewer program but none of them supported my Windows 98 (it works for SE but not FE ;_;). Then I decided searched up converters and I tried various software that converted the powerpoints to .pdf, .txt, .doc, and even webpage files. Most of them were trials and had stupid limitations (convert only part of each file, etc.) or they just ended up looking extremely messed up. It just so happened that Microsoft had a plug-in for Office 2007 that could save all files into .pdf files that actually look exactly like the slides. Having wasted about one or two hours finding a conversion program, I wasted another 15 minutes converting them. It was probably 10 by the time I tried to view the files on the ancient computer and so I put in my USB to find that I'd removed Adobe Reader from the computer. I had to go back and interrupt my brother during his game to download Adobe Reader 3 (newer versions don't support Windows 98). So the Adobe Reader does read .pdf files but because it's so old and outdated, it couldn't support new features and then errors keep coming up and I couldn't read half the slide because since it didn't support new features, it couldn't show them and just left a blank screen. By this time, I was desperate. Literally almost breaking down, I called Molly for her help and she was to make a study guide and send it to me (which I never got...) Fortunately, my brother got off the computer and P sent me study guides~ I didn't study though, I was tired and wanted to relax so I just read manga till 2:00 in the morning :D

I love Kasugai Nodo Ni Sukkiri Fruit Candy (well their candy in general...)

Labels: , , , , , ,

Post a Comment

Profile

My Photo
Connie
Certified Procrastinator, All-time Complainer, Indebted Freeloader, Uninspired Web-Designer, Obssessive Anime & Manga/Manhwa Fan (Fujoshi), Idiot Computer Addict, Lazy Student.
Complete Profile | Follow Me

Blogroll

Network

Latest

- Finals: It's alright
- Finished? Apparently not.
- English Group Project
- The Pain that is Gym
- Locked Out
- Flat Dead
- No Life & Wasting Time
- Oh! The Horror!
- Nerds Unite
- Late Start
RSS Feed (Atom)

Archive

Back | Refresh | Forward
Part of the Obscure Network | Advertisement: TV Screen Protector
Limitless Queue © Connie, 2008 - 2009 | All rights reserved