Mar 20, 2009

2 Comments

Volenteer: Work for free (I wish it wasn't)

21:26
I was originally going to post this on Stray Dog... but CuteNews fcked up on me again... *sigh* so I'm posting it here.

Do to the requirement for graduation (in another 3 years), I found some volunteer work at a Assembly Council place a few days ago. I'll be going there for two hours after school on Fridays and today was my first day. What I basically need to do is sort papers and other little jobs. Today, the lady who accepted my employment, Stephanie made me sort out papers. I finished in the first 40 minutes and spent the next half hour listening to a New Utrech Global teacher express his complaints and concerns about one of his classes that had only two students who understood English (the others only knew their Chinese dialect). Really, I feel bad for the guy because it must be stressful having to teach a class that don't even understand the language you're talking in. I hope all goes well for him because Stephanie recommended him some possible translator. It seems that schools nowadays, probably can't higher bilingual/more teachers due to major cuts with the country's economic crisis and all. The next hour, I just sat there waiting for more jobs to do... listening in on the office workers talk about business stuff and complaints about a smell garbage. I had to copy a few papers and I never knew how complicated some copy machines can be. If you don't put the paper correctly, off by maybe a millimeter or some sort, the machine will print out a copy in landscape, rather than the desired portrait. Last thing I had to do was file some papers... what a complicated task as well... Most of the names I couldn't even find in the two crammed cabinets. I spent forever trying to find the folder names, returning and going over each cabinet a dozen times. In the end, I didn't finish and since my hours were up, I went home.

Labels:

Blogger Joann said...
dang...you got volenteer work already
I'm like X_X yea..w/e about it
Anonymous Joann said...
LMFAO.
XD and my glasses aren't black they are silver and blue
I guess its the lighting XD

Post a Comment

Profile

My Photo
Connie
Certified Procrastinator, All-time Complainer, Indebted Freeloader, Uninspired Web-Designer, Obssessive Anime & Manga/Manhwa Fan (Fujoshi), Idiot Computer Addict, Lazy Student.
Complete Profile | Follow Me

Blogroll

Network

Latest

- Slip + Fall = Damage
- Spanish Homework: Surprise Ingredient
- Technology Hates Me
- Happy SAD Valentine's Day
- Playlist Update
- Sink or Swim
- New Term
- Changed E-mail
- What Happened Yesterday, Stays Yesterday
- Finals: It's alright
RSS Feed (Atom)

Archive

Back | Refresh | Forward
Part of the Obscure Network | Advertisement: TV Screen Protector
Limitless Queue © Connie, 2008 - 2009 | All rights reserved