Feb 1, 2010

3 Comments

Cut & Bleed: A Life Lesson

21:02
Living is admirable.  If you can't continue such an action, then you are a coward.  Why not be brave about it anyway if you're going to finish yourself off?  Cut vertically; slit the vein to end it all instead of cutting horizontally just to make it hurt.

I came upon a story.
There was once a girl.
No one liked her so they teased her and thus, she is left an outcast.
She thought "You will all regret everything you've done to me and live with a guilty conscious forever," and killed herself.
The others who had made fun of her continue to laugh and live everyday as they had.
"Isn't it better now that she is gone?" they giggled.
Or so it goes.

If you're going to kill yourself just to spite those who have degraded you, have you always been so conceited as to think that they will care after you have passed?

Losers.  What makes you think that you are so important?

I had a friend...well, I guess you can call her that considering we've known each other for at least two years.  Despite being treated like a punching bag, I have low standards for friendship; we share a few laughs?  Then we are considered friends; even if we are strangers.

In the last year of middle school, I saw her arms, her wrists, her scars.
I didn't say anything to stop her.  There's probably nothing that can be said that hasn't been said already.
I was a bit shocked though.  I'd never expected.  My only response was "You should stop" and "Does it hurt?"

These were the thoughts running through my head last night.  I'd wanted to think up some life lessons to tell the students today.  Simple stories like the one about the forest and turning back.

I volunteered at an elementary school to help Rebecca's mom with work at her library.  Molly, Rebecca and I stamped books and stuck on stickers and tape for a few hours.  Then we went out for lunch.  It was nice considering Rebecca's mom treated us with an $8 bakery gift card.  The day went by blissfully.  We read to kids in the afternoon.  The little people were alright.

After the school day was over; Rebecca went off to track and I had to go around Ctown with Molly to find some cheap perfume for her friend.  She wanted to get a knock off and it seems that all the places we went to were owned by Indian people.  She got the product for around half the original price...  then again; it was diluted.  I feared that those storekeepers we rejected were gonna jump us sooner or later and proceed with theft.  Luckly, we made it back to BK safely and just jumped from store to store for a few hours.

I passed math.  I am very content.
Blogger Nana said...
I probably would have reacted the way you did if i met someone that cut themselves.
unless i was very close with them, i probably wouldnt try lecturing them, because i find ppl who commit suicide very pathetic.

rebecca's mom works at a library? O_O
i wanna volunteer at a library to read to kids. i like little kids...well, some...of them.. xD
Blogger Joann said...
I honestly think that those who really want to die are the ones that show the littlest signs. I think the ones that show the signs outright are the ones that actually want attention and stuff.
Blogger flyingmuffins911 said...
I know this is a really late response but...

Most people who want to kill themselves or do kill themselves are in a way selfish. They all are, but they themselves don't usually realize it. Some think that no one will miss them, and others (like in the story you mentioned) think everyone will feel bad a regret teasing her. There are also those who don't want to die... Actually almost every person who had committed suicide, never wanted to kill themselves, but they just noticed it when it was too late. When people think that no one will miss them, they completely disregard their family members and their friends. Though it may seem to them that their family and friends wouldn't care, it's not true. People who cut themselves are just looking for the attention, it's a way to make them the center of attention so everyone worries about them. Making the pain subside through cutting yourself? Emotional pain is much more painful then physical so really there's no logic to cutting other than attention.

I hope you know there's a grocery store called Ctown... haha

Post a Comment

Profile

My Photo
Connie
Certified Procrastinator, All-time Complainer, Indebted Freeloader, Uninspired Web-Designer, Obssessive Anime & Manga/Manhwa Fan (Fujoshi), Idiot Computer Addict, Lazy Student.
Complete Profile | Follow Me

Blogroll

Network

Latest

- An Intellectual Convo in One Minute
- Weird Encounter...
- Let's Row!
- Fireworks and Life
- Happy New Year 2010!
- The Ghost and I
- I went Metropolitan Museum of Art for the third ti...
- Flele
- The rat, it drowns
- My parents went out to refund the monitor... we lo...
RSS Feed (Atom)

Archive

Back | Refresh | Forward
Part of the Obscure Network | Advertisement: TV Screen Protector
Limitless Queue © Connie, 2008 - 2009 | All rights reserved